The import agent is required to consolidate multiple house shipments all together in order to present them as a single shipment to the importer. A super-house import shipment is used to create this special consolidation.
There are two ways to create a sea import super house:
- Use an existing shipment as a "Lead shipment"
- Create a super-house from scratch
Using the lead shipment method to make a super-house
- Open an existing sea import shipment that is to be used as the "Lead shipment" for the super house.
- From the Extras menu of the selected shipment, choose Create Lead-Shipment.
- The new super-house will open and all the details from the chosen shipment will be used in this new super-house shipment. Change any details as required.
- Once the general details about the super-house are complete, click on the Consolidation tab to begin selecting the house shipments to be added to the super-house.
- In the Consolidation tab, use the Participant field to restrict the search to a specific party. Use the Search Criteria to search by more general rules.
Use the Add button on the consolidation screen to add sub-houses on the left of the screen to the selected Sub-houses on the right of the screen.
Use the Remove button to remove sub-houses from the super-house.
- Save the super-house when all the required sub-houses are added. Now it is possible to print regular sea import documents for the super house from the print options.
Invoices can also be created on super-house shipments.
Creating a super house from the sea import menu
A super-house shipment can be created from scratch. This means there is no lead shipment.
- From the sea import overview, select New from the menu-bar, and then select Super-House Shipment.
- Now the super-house opens, complete all the shipment details and consolidate sub-houses on the super-house as previously described.